Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm battling with a very bad marijuana addiction....any advice?

So heres the story: I started smoking marijuana maybe a year ago, and over the summer it was maybe a 3 times a day thing and then I stopped for two months. I moved back home with my mom, and she doesn't tolerate me smoking. So, I stopped for a month and then I started smoking secretly in the backyard once every blue moon and now I'm smoking daily again. I'm battling with weed because I'm still not convinced that it is actually bad for you, but I know I need to at least cut down on my usage since it's affecting my daily life again. I'm coming down to this road where it's either keep smoking and move back out into my own apartment (for privacy) or stay in school and go cold turkey.I'm battling with a very bad marijuana addiction....any advice?
Since your question deals with addiction, you should check out this site, it has lots of helpful info that might help with your question:





http://www.recoveryforums.org





This site has a lot of great resources for people dealing with addiction or recovery, and those who know people who are dealing with it. It is worth a look in my opinion.


I'm battling with a very bad marijuana addiction....any advice?
you can try praying! God can help you through any addiction.
its not bad for you at all! ive been smoking since i was 12 and im perfectlly fine! keep on blazin girl
my son is addicted to weed as are some more people I know.I don't know what they put in that stuff now days but it's not safe anymore.It causes diabetes and other illnesses it's just under reported. i know you'll have to go threw your life history and heal any issues that have caused this.Addictions come from having unmet needs,usually in childhood,so guess what?you have some work to do,it's called soul work.Begin reading and researching about underlying causes of addiction,and once you make the connection you'll begin to become whole and won't need any marijuana to fill the void in your soul anymore.
Physically Marijuana does have an effect on you primarily with your brain chemistry.





Long term usage can effect your long term and short term memory is one problem but smoking weed also may damage your lungs. The exact evidence of this i think is still in debate though.





The biggest problem is addictions that cause you to ruin other parts of your life are things you do not need and if you are finding it hard to just stop and are spnding all yoru cash on it then it is time to not only quit ... but be brutally honest about why you are addicted because generally speaking marijuana addition is a psychological addiction, you cannot become dependant on any chemicals in pot.





The key to quitting is to find out why you feel you need to keep smoking. It can be as simple as bordom for some to trying to escape some harsh realities for others but there are triggers that make you want the chemical 'rewards' of marijuana.





If you are not convinced that pot is doing you harm just total up how much money you spend on it over a few years and how much time you might waste that could be spent doing other enjoyable and creative things, the harm often comes with what it sucks out of your life more than physical damage to yourself.





In any case find the source, the real reason you feel you keep smoking which often goes deeper than 'i love marijuana'.





Good luck!






ummm i dont really know the specific side effects physically, but being addicted is not good... it will be all you think about and what you spend all your money on. if you get caught it could ruin your future... for what?? a ';good time';. pray and i hope this helps. dont keep doing it bc you dont want it to be your life and then ruin it. and all drugs can hurt you by the way and just bc it dosent affect one person dosent mean it wont effect you. i know alot of people that have regretted it and their lives have been ruined (sorry to be so pessamistic!!) good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment