Thursday, January 21, 2010

NEED ADVICE... Re: A bad check?

I need some advice, and would appreciate anyone's opinion.... About 3 months back I was running low on cash and decided to go to one of those cash advance centers to take out money (a loan) for 2 weeks... After the two weeks was over I paid it but still founf myself low on cash and took another... This time when the two weeks had past I didn't pay back the check and thus the check bounced, and now I owe money to there corporate office, problem is Im still low on cash and can't find money to pay them back and now they are threatening me with bad credit and possible to go to court!.... Ive never had any troulbe with banks or law enforecement EVER before I've just hit a bad spot with income, what should I do?... Let it go and just take the bad mark on the credit, call there bluff let them take me to court, Find a rich uncle, IDK????.... PLease gimme so info, anything will help...NEED ADVICE... Re: A bad check?
Bad credit is the least of your worries. They can indeed take you to court to recover their losses. You need to contact them and arrange a payment plan -- something that will work for you and yet also keep them happy.NEED ADVICE... Re: A bad check?
The best thing to do is to talk to them and see if they can offer you some kind of payment plan or often times they will take a lower payment just to have something to show for it. Going to court will cost them more money. If you ignore it the bad mark stays and continues to affect your credit until you clear it. I had a crediting company call me and I paid off what I owed and to this day has not been cleared and every time I try to get a loan it pops up and I call the creditor and they claim to clear and it keeps popping up. My credit should be through the roof at this point but because of this one company my credit is just slightly above average after many years of working on improving it.
Go to them and make payment arrangments. Low on cash means you have some somewhere...if not, get another job. Pay them back as you can, but make some effort to pay.
I would contact someone directly, explain your situation, and see if you can be set up on a payment plan!





I'm sure they run into this situation dailey, and probably can set you up with something... it will most likely be very high interest so I would suggest paying it off asap. Probably before your regular bills!





You do NOT want to take a bad mark on your credit!
You should talk to the check cashing place to see if you can set up a payment plan by which you can pay what you can each week - even if it's $5 - but be prepared for them to say no. If they do, borrow if you can. You defaulted on the contract which means they'll win which means they'll be awarded court costs - and don't think they won't take you to court, this is their business - which means by trying to avoid the situation you're only going to make it worse. Get it fixed.
well my friend, you screwed up,and you did it all by yourself. they got you right where they want you, first of all, you didn't read the fine print,now it's off t work i go, io-io-io
You can ask them to arrange a monthly payment..They want the money back so they shouldn't turn you down if they see you are willing to pay them back. If you get taken to court, thats all the court is going to make you do anyway, the loan people already know this.
Ok....speaking as someone who has been thru this. (not proud of it but I have) You can do a few things. You can make arrangements w/the loan place to pay them back. They will usually accept whatever you can manage a month if you explain to them your situation. DON'T LET THEM BULLY YOU %26amp; SAY YOU HAVE TO PAY SO MUCH. I've learned that even if you pay them 5.00 a week they will accept it. They may give dirty looks but hey...your trying. Talk to them %26amp; they may actually extend the loan meaning let you write another check for that one %26amp; make payments on it. If they don't accept those honestly it is a while before they actually take it to court. I mean like 3-6 months (if not longer) so you do have some time to either get a second job or start making some kind of payments on it. And to be completely honest neither one ever did take me to court %26amp; I had quiet a few %26amp; it was well over a year before I actually got them all paid off. (once again not proud of it) I don't know what state your in but someone told me that payday check loan places are really only allowed to take so many of these type of loans to court a year b/c courts really don't like this type of businesses. So don't fret really it is a scare tactic. Now they can report you to a credit agency but once again with that you do have a while. But as long as you try to work with them ';MOST'; places do understand people come up on hard situations. GOOD LUCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment