Saturday, January 23, 2010

My 6 day old son has bad wind (colic)! Any advice?

He is bottle feed and just seems to guzzle his milk down. I burp him in between the feed and again after. I'm also trying to keep him upright for at least a 1/2 hour after each feed. But around mid afternoon he seems to be in so much pain and it takes me so long to burp him... well even if I can manage a burp, that's another problem he just doesn't seem to burp easily.





I just want any tips on how you all managed with a baby with colic?





Thanks so much in advance!My 6 day old son has bad wind (colic)! Any advice?
Buy some peppermint oil, put water in a saucepan, boil the water, add a couple of drops of the peppermint oil, remove pan from stove, allow water to cool to room temperature, pour peppermint water into a small baby bottle, feed to baby. Soon, baby will burp a lot and then go to sleep. This is an old fashioned remedy but it works every time.My 6 day old son has bad wind (colic)! Any advice?
My Daughter who is now 10 wks old suffered with Colic got to the stage where i called an Ambulance once cause i didnt know what was wrong with her..she screamed and screamed and screamed for 4 hrs straight..Doc said it was Colic %26amp; pescribed colic drops (Dentinox) you can buy these from chemist also..they really did work well..hopefully no more colic episodes!





Gd luck x
if he is only 6 days old i recommend that you take him to the doctor or hospital, that would be the wisest thing to do.
when i was little i had colic and the only way to burp me was my mom put me on her forearm her hand holding my chin and the rest of her arm so that it was between my lags and burped me that way. she also lay ed me on my tummy over her knees and that worked also.


My son was colic and i got drops to put in his formula to help him
Gripe water, Mylicon drops, or chamomile tea.





Good Luck =)
Try a different bottle, try a different formula, buy him a baby wedge for his bed, try gripe water. GOOD LUCK
I would suggest getting some Mylacon drops, they sell them at Target and any other store. Gripe water helps out a lot too and its totally natural. These two things help with gassy and colicky babies. I have a five month old little girl and she went through the same thing. These drops really helped her. Also something else that helps a lot is gassing your baby. Lay the baby on his back on a flat surface, such as a floor. Grab baby by his ankles and press his knees into his stomach. This will make his pass gas and he will feel a lot better. Keep trying different ways of this until you find something that works the best. But these two things worked like a charm for me.
don't pat him on the back sit him up to burp and rub his back. That is a really big deal also switch his bottles. I use born free they work great. and put him to bed with a pacifier, If he has colic that young he is high risk sids. No bumper pads, or blankets and have him sleep on his back.

No comments:

Post a Comment