Thursday, January 21, 2010

Legal advice for a bad situation?

My father is facing jail time. Some of the lawyers asked about his relationship with his children and he stated that it wasn't so good with me. My problem is, I want to tell the truth but my sister is very disturbed by this because she doesn't want him behind bars. What I have to say doesn't have anything to do with this particular case, except to show for his morality -or lack of. My sister says if I do this, I am as good as dead to her and that I should get run over and burn in hell. I haven't done anything wrong. I have been silent for more than twenty years and never got any counseling for my pain. I understand that she loves him and has obviously forgiven him. I can't. Plain and simple. -He never even said he was sorry and I have become a victim to myself in the prison I built around my own heart. What do I do? I am dealing with the frustration of trying to be a Christian, raised by an Atheist father and a very weak, Christian mother. I'm afraid my sister is going to harm me or my child. I have a loaded gun. What do I do?Legal advice for a bad situation?
You aren't legally required to speak for or against him in sentencing. The only time you have to testify is when you receive a subpeona, then you're under oath and must tell the truth. I would just say that you're not getting involved and leave it at this.Legal advice for a bad situation?
Just be honest. Period. Why would you want to be associated with some one who wants you to be dishonest?

No comments:

Post a Comment