Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My bad love routine (need advice/opinions)?

So, I grew up in a single parent household. After age 4, didn't have much contact with my dad when my parents divorced. I grew up like anyone else, just with 1 parent who was strong as hell. As an adult I find that I get angry/hurt easily by anything a male may say/do in a relationship and then right then and there, I do the classic ';we should break up'; stuff. I know no one is perfect but I always feel like I have to be a bully in relationships that I am in, so no one can hurt me the way my dad did my mom. I've been with my boyfriend for years now and its sooooo good but he tells me that a lot of the time it's cause he's walking on eggshells. By no means do I want him to feel uncomfortable with me but he says I get very standoffish and cold when things go a lil ';bad';. Is it wrong that I just rather bail in a relationship then to try? I know people are gonna smash me on this but I feel like men are the typical dogs and are just waiting to hurt us women in turn makes me very defensive. There's a saying in my mother's tongue, '; give them an inch if your finger and they take your whole arm';. We're currently going through the avoidance thing (where I barely speak to him on purpose and then when we do, it's very frigid) been like this for a few weeks now and usually he tries to make things better but he's been doing the same. I feel bad a bit but also very angry and want to rip his face off, should I just go see a shrink or something?My bad love routine (need advice/opinions)?
I think that talking to a good psychologist would not be a bad idea. This could help you work through your issues and help you develop the relationship habits you would like to have, as well as give you some insightful, nonjudgmental advice. It sounds to me like you're unhappy, so I think you should take this next step as soon as possible.
  • eyeshadow ideas
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment