Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Advice on Co-workers with bad manners?

I recently witnessed a woman at the office handling bare handed peices of pnut brittle and just putting them back in thier container saying '; the peices are too big for me';. I have seen another lady actually looking at unattended lunches in attempt to pick something off.





How could one handle this in a nice but productive manner?Advice on Co-workers with bad manners?
Well, is it community property? If so, just ignore it. No excuse for her to pick at other people's food though. Put your name on it.Advice on Co-workers with bad manners?
tell their mothers
Don't eat the peanut brittle and bring a lunch that wont perish if you keep it in your desk.





Unless you are in a supervisory role, you weren't hired to teach those around you manners. Try to stick with your job responsibilities, and don't eat or store anything in communial areas.





Get a nice ice pack to carry in an insulated lunch bag.





If you ever bring snacks in for everyone, wrap them in individual cellophane bags.
This was one of my pet-peeves in the office I used to work in. There was this lady who would never eat candies and sweets. She did like to sample them though. She had this little paring knife that she would use to cut little pieces out of candies, cookies, and doughnuts. She also loved icing but would scrape it off with the knife or worse a finger. Ugggggh. Unfortunately there was not much I could do about this so I would make sure I got what I wanted before she got there. I would take my share to have later.





We had a table where anything that was on it unattended was fair game (cookies, candies, cakes etc.. fair game. Lunches in progress were not). Things in the fridge that were not marked free for all were not to be touched. I used to hide my stuff in the drawers or in the freezer. Maybe you can talk to an office manager or supervisor (unless they are the guilty ones!) and send out an email on this subject with some ground rules.





If setting up a rule like this does not work keep your food in a little lunch tote with ice packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment