Thursday, May 13, 2010

Is this bad? I REALLY need advice.....?

I'm an 18 year old guy. When I'm answering questions, particularly about sensitive things like sex and having kids, I get really....';protective'; I guess you could say, when I read about a young person making a bad choice.....like having sex and getting pregnant at 13......I get upset when I think there's nothing I can do, because obviously they don't know or care about me, but it just hurts so much when this happens.....when some poor child is making such a horrible choice.........and nobody may talk her out of it.........I feel so bad when this happens...........is this sensitivity, this......empathy a bad thing? am I getting too close to the issues and these people I don't know? Is this bad? I just don't know and I'm concerned that this may tear me apart.........Is this bad? I REALLY need advice.....?
Empathy is not a bad thing, it's a great thing when it's channeled into something productive. If it upsets you when young people make poor choices, get involved somehow- volunteer with a youth organization, tutor, offer help to those in need, etc.


If other people's problems are taking over your own life, you need to get some help for yourself. Depression can make the world's problems very difficult to bear, but it's a treatable problem.


All in all, you sound sensitive and caring and the world needs people like you. Is this bad? I REALLY need advice.....?
Yes it is, I would definitely try to harden yourself up for the world because it isn't are pretty and nice as you were taught as a child. The world is cruel because human's are capable of terrible decisions, **** happens, get over it.
Take a break from the computer and enjoy life. You care to much. Does this have anything to do with something personal in your life like you making a mistake or a family member? Just relax.
It sounds like this is causing you a lot of stress. Maybe you should avoid answering these questions too frequently, but it's a good thing to be protective, I think.
Great things happen to those who care about others. When you feel too worked up over something you cannt fix, move on to the next deal or take a breather.


Hope I helped =O)
It's not bad at all.
In my opinion, there should be more people like you in this world. How can caring for other people and wanting to help people be a bad thing??





In a way I know exactly how you feel. It seems that so many people are making wrong choices, and I wish that I could help them you know? Just kind of show them how much better their lives could be if they would only stop for a second and think about what they're about to do. I know countless people who have ruined their lives from sex and drugs, and I wish I could have done more to stop them.





Having these feelings is not a bad thing. I think you have a big heart and admire you're concern for others. But just remember that you can only do so much. It's one thing to care, but you don't want to kill yourself over the mistakes other people make. Just try your best to show them the way, and hope that they take your advice to heart : )
Never think that because your sensitive that there is something wrong with you we need that emotion if we had more of that these days we would do a lot better in this world.It is a plus being that you are so young and a male the young lady that you choose will have a great guy by her side.Just don't let it get out of hand I do the same thing and I get to the point where I am miserable and I can't change the people or the things that they will encounter but,I can do my part by given some guidance all most people need is to know someone cares.So don't sweat it lend your advice it's good for your soul if nothing else.


You'll have some peace within yourself,sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment