Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Very Bad Ankle Sprain - Need Advice?

Well I was playing soccer today and did this sort of lunge tackle (was clean, not dirty) and rolled my ankle really bad. It happened so fast I can't really remember what happened.





I can't walk on it because when i do it feels like the bone around my ankle is going to snap. Feels like a nail is being pushed right through my ankle bone. It's not excruciating but it does hurt.





I've been doing RICE but to be honest I'm not going to rest much longer. Training is tuesday (its sunday night my time) and I'm doing it whether my ankle hurts or not (dont try and change my mind).





What can I do to help with recovery and reduce further risk when playing. I'm icing, elevating and compressing right now. I'm also on crutches. Tomorrow I'll be writing the alphabet with my toes to help muscles recover and I'll get an ankle strap. Does that pretty much cover everything? Any tips? I'm gonna see physio soon.Very Bad Ankle Sprain - Need Advice?
If you are RICEing it and you aren't seeing any improvement, you should get some X-rays. I'm an occupational nurse and I frequently see people who think that they have an ankle sprain when, if fact, they have a small fracture.





The longer you delay taking proper care of it, the longer it will take to heal. Don't jerk around and try to just walk it off or pop a bunch of ibuprofen and think that it's just going to go away. Go get some pics taken and have a good reader look at them.





I doubt you will, tho. Most people who are serious about training their muscles forget that they can't train properly if they have broken bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment