Sunday, May 9, 2010

My 15 year old daughter wants to get involved with a boy who is a bad influence. I need advice, please.?

My 15 year old daughter was involved with a 17 year old boy, soon to be 18. What started out as a typical teenage ';romance'; turned much more serious. The problem is that he is not a good influence, poor grades, can't hold a simple job, has been kicked out of his home twice by his mother, for reasons I don't know. He drinks, drives too fast in his piece of crap redneck truck, and ';modulates'; on his c.b. radio. He has cheated on her twice that she knows, but I'm sure there have been more times. The last time he ';dumped'; her was the greatest news of my life. We thought she was finally rid of him. We had ';gently'; coaxed her to move on, she is worth SO much better, etc.She met a great boy, her age, great family, VERY pleasant to be around. I just found out today that she broke up with him, and has been ';talking'; to the creep again. Her dad and I are SO dissapointed, We have forbidden her to become involved with him. Is this the right thing to do, I mean she's still a kid. I'm nauseous!HelpMy 15 year old daughter wants to get involved with a boy who is a bad influence. I need advice, please.?
Maybe instead of forbidding her or trashing him, maybe you could ask her gently that you would like to understand what her attraction to him is. Tell her you are concerned about her choices and that they indicate she has low self-esteem and self-worth and you wonder why she would accept such bad, disrespectful treatment and is willing to accept less than she is worth. Does she not think he is worth more or can get better. Instead of making it about him. Make it about her. Tell her you aren't worried about him. He will get what is coming to him. Tell him you are worried about her.





Don't forget that she is your child and living in her house and you set the rules. But you know how kids are. The more you protest. The more they love it. You are right to try to find another option.My 15 year old daughter wants to get involved with a boy who is a bad influence. I need advice, please.?
You let her choose. Between the family and him! But before you get too worked up, find out what is happening first. I think you are lacking in communcation with her.





Sometimes you have to let kids learn the hard way. That kids for you nowadays.
she is not a kid, but i agree with u. teeneagers do make bad decisions sometimes. keep trying i hope she dumps that loser. good luck!
Oh mY DEAR AUNTY,





Don''t worry your daughter not a kid she knows very well than you,





how genaration,





leave your daughter free,





tell her to do not broke up with him until marrige
WOW! When I was 13 I was dating someone that was 16, he was always fighting in school (which he dropped out of), did drugs, he was verbally abusive (which turned into minor physical abuse), etc. I have been in your daughters shoes when it comes to parents not approving. I stayed with him for over 2 years thinking I was ';in love';. As much as my parents hated him, they stayed out of my relationship. They had to learn to trust my decisions, which was hard for my mother. I am grateful that they let me make my own mistakes back then with the boys because now I am married and I have a fantastic husband and my family loves him. I work with teenagers and let me tell you, there is no way for you to tell them what is right or wrong because they will not listen. You have to let them make their own mistakes and be there for them when their heart breaks in two. She will open her eyes and realize she is too good for him, just give her time.

No comments:

Post a Comment