Sunday, May 9, 2010

Good idea or bad idea?? I need advice on this......OK yesterday i was getting cramps im 18w pregnant...?

I wasn't sure if they were normal so i was asking everyone to see if anyone has ever got these cramps b4..... I wanted to go to the hospital anyway cuz i wanted to safe then sorry n plus they were killing me...SO i went to the hospital. When i finally got in the room the Dr. came in asked questions, gave me an IV n gave me morphine, i felt good for like half n hour n i felt the pain again.....they gave me more morphine....i didn't get checked on for an hour n a half and i was starting to feel the pain again finally the nurse came in n i told her i was in pain...she was just going to give me MORE morphine.... i told her i didn't want it just to send me home, the Dr. came in a said it was just my utrerus growing and they would give me some pills for the pain. I went to see my OB Dr. today n she really didnt help she just said that i would get an ultrasound in 2weeks.SO.... i called another hosptial n now im going to switch to that one.... is that a good idea or is it bad??Good idea or bad idea?? I need advice on this......OK yesterday i was getting cramps im 18w pregnant...?
go to the doctor honey!Good idea or bad idea?? I need advice on this......OK yesterday i was getting cramps im 18w pregnant...?
when it comes to your unborn baby you can never be sorry about getting another opinion. If it helps I was about 19 weeks when I began having cramps and started spotting. It was just my body getting ready for the third trimester. I often had small cramps and weird pains throughout the whole pregnancy. I delivered a healthy baby boy three days before my due date.
If you feel that your needs were not met at your current hospital, it is always safe to get a second opinion. Cramps are very common at 18 weeks because of the growing uterus-the ligaments especially. If they are severe though, that is cause for concern I would think. I think you are smart for switching hospitals. I wish you all the best.
Do you need meds or attention. Sometimes when you are pregnant you get phantom pains. Doctors will pat you on the hand and send you on the way. If you really feel like there is something wrong, you need another opinion.
I cramped up until probably about 20 weeks, no blood or anything, just continual, dull, achy cramps. My doctor said it was probably round ligament pain, everything is stretching and growing and getting ready for the baby. I really like my OB/gyn so I didn't worry about it. Everything is growing normally now, I am about 26 weeks. If you do not feel comfortable with your doc, you have every right in the world to switch, but I would speak with her about your concerns before you do anything drastic. It was scary for me too, everyone said cramps are bad and abnormal and mean you are miscarrying. Turned out to be nothing in my case. I wish you the best and hope everything turns out OK.
I would go to a doctor that was willing to see me and if I had problems like you were listing I would want a doctor and hospital that would help me. I think switching to a different hospital is a good idea. I think you may want to try going to the new hospitals ER and explaining what is going on. They may do an ultrasound right then and there. I hope it isn't anything too serious. Good luck and God bless.
How far along are you? I can't believe they were giving you morphine for so called '; growing pains';. I'm sorry to say they really do keep you waiting for hours like that when you are pregnant and you come in with pains. It's weird. I guess it depends on where you go. You should definitely get another opinion. It's your health and the health of baby that is important and if you feel something isn't right with the care you are recieving then you go somewhere when you feel you are being treated right and getting the proper care.
If you don't feel comfortable with the care you are getting with your current doctor then it is good that you are switching now that way your new doctor can get to know you and your baby. It is totally ok to change your doctor if you are unhappy.
are you telling stories or just speaking out your personal experience.sorry,I cannot figure out what is your true intention
some pain is normal but if the oain is really bad then go to the hospital and demand an ultrasound if it will satisfy you. cramping could be the sign of a miscarriage or dehydration or just your uterus stretching. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment