Thursday, May 13, 2010

Any advice on dealing with bad times in life?

My immediate family has always been extremely close. ';Just the four of us'; sometimes. All holidays together, frequent visits to each others' houses, etc. We don't have relatives that live nearby, so we stuck together. Within the past 6 months, a lot has happened. My sister got married and moved 6 hours away with her army husband. My mom hit rock bottom with a secretive drug problem none of us were aware of, left my dad and moved to 10 hours away to Florida. My dad is now moving 10+ hours away to Ohio where his mom lives. After my sister left and before my mom took off, I had left a 4-year physically abusive relationship with my son's father and moved my son and I into our own home. Since then, my ex's family (who I was extremely close with) now hates me for hurting their 'baby' (my ex) and does not try to hide that fact. They look disgusted at me whenever I drop my son off with his dad (who lives with his grandmother, the 'God Mother' of the entire family). I lost my 'friends' that I had after the breakup b/c they were ';his friends first'; and they didn't want to cause any tension. I have my son, and I love him with everything I am, but at the same time, I've never been so hurt and lonely... and I really just need some advice on how to deal with things right now. I don't really know any effective coping skills, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.Any advice on dealing with bad times in life?
Humm, well why don't you go to church and join some of the activities, go online and try and meet people in your area, maybe start talking to some of your son's friends parents? Just try and get out and meet people, make your own friends.Any advice on dealing with bad times in life?
learn indifference to ur ex's family and trust in your decisions, they are his family not yours, stop looking at yourself and weighing their reactions to what you know is the correct course of action for your well being and your sons growth.





F*** EM!!! if they don't like it, who cares, it's not their child to raise.
Look for things which interest you. A cooking class, stained glass, painting, sports. Whatever you fancy and where you get to meet other people. This way you are doing something you want to do, you learn what you want to learn and at the same time you have social contact. Not only will it keep you busy and away from thinking all the time about your situation, you will also make new friends.





Good luck to you
Yes, in the end we are all alone. And there are a lot of lonely people in this world. So, what can you do about it? Join an organization whose goals are of interest to you. This is where you can make friends.
when you fall down you can:





1. stay there and let time heal you





2. you can pick up yourself, brush of the dirt, and keep moving. Time will still heal you as you move.





3. Time is our best friend and worst enemy:


Best friend: Time heals all wounds.


Worst enemy: Time waits for no one





Life is full of bumps. but how you rise from a fall is what defines you.





I left my mom 6000 miles away to move to another continent.


It took me 11 more years before i saw her again.


it took my brother 18 more years before he saw our mom.


Its been 20 years since i saw my sister who lives in another continent.
It is funny how life seems to kick you sometimes while you are already down. I'm sorry you are going through these things. It would help a lot if you could find some people to be around that are positive...maybe call up a few old friends. Don't worry about your ex's family...they just need someone to blame but I'm sure deep down they know that you did the right thing and that he was a ';bad apple';. I hope that everything gets better it is sad that good people have to go through these things but it will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment