Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Dr. wants me to go on the birth control Yaz. Ladies, any advice? Side effects? Heard bad things about it!?

I have read some really bad things about Yaz from women who are currently on it. When I went to the Yaz web site it of couse glorified the drug. I am torn! What should I do? Advice ladies? I would love to hear from anyone that is on it or has taken it!My Dr. wants me to go on the birth control Yaz. Ladies, any advice? Side effects? Heard bad things about it!?
I went on it to manage my peri-menopausal symptoms, and it's been about 85% fantastic. My major gripe is that my sex drive has dropped a bit, but even that's not a huge drawback.





The plus side is that my periods are 2 days of spotting versus 10 days of debilitating bleeding (even on another pill!), zero cramps, no mood swings, no cravings, no crankiness. And I LOST 10 lbs! Overall, its pretty good.





But like I warn with any contraceptive, what works for one person may not be good for another. The ONLY way you will know for sure is to try it.


The blessing of the pill is the fact that after a few months if you don't like it, you can always change.





Personally though, I think you're going to like it just fine.My Dr. wants me to go on the birth control Yaz. Ladies, any advice? Side effects? Heard bad things about it!?
Here's my take on Yaz. it hasn't been out very long. Look what happened with the Patch- it wasn't out very long and it killed women.





I know pills are normally safe but you can never be sure unless it's been out long enough to show all results possible.





I say trust your instinct. Do not take anything that you're not 100% sure of.





I was on ortho tri cyclen 28 and am currently on Alesse and I've found that between the 21 pills of 1 hormone then 8 placebo pills (alesse, diana, etc) are better than the pills like tri cyclen that are a different level of hormones each week.


That is really all I can say from personal experience though sorry.





but personally I would not take Yaz just yet because it hasn't been out long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment