Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm bad at math, any advice?

hey there, so here's my situation, i'm not good at math, by any means, to me math is like a foreign language, anyways, here's the problem, i was in a 'normal' math class in 6th grade, and i failed it because i didn't get it, for my next two years at middle school, i was in a slower class, we did all the same material but at a slower pace, and i aced the class, now i am in a normal algebra class, and i barely passed last semester with a C on my final and a high D for my second quarter grade, here's my question, what can I do to improve my math? I am slow at it, and i've talked to my algebra teacher about it, and he says i can go down to pre-algebra, but i'v ealready done pre, any tips? do you think I should get a tutor? sorry if this is dumb, i just don't know what to do, i'm getting frustrated with it brining down my grades, since i have good grades in the rest of my classes, tips?I'm bad at math, any advice?
First, you are defeating yourself before you even get started. Don't say you can't do it and it is a foreign language to you. We already know that is not true because you did it before. So, have a positive attitude. Truthfully, you aregoing to have to work really really hard. I had the same problem in college algebra. But, I knew that it took me a long time so I gave myself extra (a lot of extra) time for math homework. I also wrote down EVERY single thing that the teacher wrote on the board. Then I could follow it step by step. I never tried to memorize the steps; that is when I would get screwed up. So, slow down,, study more, write everything down and stop defeating yourself. I think you will be okay, if you still struggle, get a tutor to help.I'm bad at math, any advice?
In every math class, there are students who understand it completely. And most of them would be glad to teach you the material. I am a great math student, and I feel that teaching someone else often helps me understand it better. There is no need to pay a tutor, unless you know for sure that there is no one who will volunteer.
Get yourself a tutor to help your grades up.As you reach your senior years the work will be harder. Best to get extra help now.
Get a tutor, or go to your teacher for help after class.
For Math, you need a lot of practice. Try as many problems as you can. When you get stuck you can always post it in Yahoo Answers and there are many people who will help.


Actually doing the problems improves your speed and accuracy. Many otherwise bright students get unnecessarily low grades in Math because of lack of practice.


So my advice is practice, practice and practice!


I am sure you will see a noticeable improvement within a couple of months.
A tutor sounds like your best bet. You wouldn't believe how much easier the one-on-one teaching is.


Don't feel bad, I was always a way-above-average student, but math kinda' had a way of bumfuzzling me at times. Imagine how you would feel if your father was a mathematician the way mine was!!! I always felt like a complete numbskull around him; he was so smart and I had to struggle to keep my math grade up!!! And I lived with one of the greater minds in the field and still had a hard time!!!! He tutored me many times!!!!(Dad was a software-systems manager with the Dallas branch of Rockwall International.) It's one of those things: either you're good at it or you completely suck. No shame in completely sucking. (No innuendos, you nasty trolls, I am trying to help here!)
Hey dont worry! the sammmmeeee! exact thing happend to me. except for i had to take summer school. my school had the same thing. What i did is i asked my parents for motivation. I have a tutor and a pshyciatrist and my phsyci. told me and my mom in 7th grade that a solution would be no weekend activities if i didnt turn in all my homeworks (even if i got 1 zero)! and for 3 months i didnt have zeros! and the following year i got 4-or5. It works.
Better get a tuition teacher, Or go to a tuition centre.


Then..Other that getting help from tutor, u shld also practice.


Practice makes perfect.=)

No comments:

Post a Comment