Thursday, May 13, 2010

Does anyone have some good advice regarding pregnancy sickness? I have nausea really bad!?

Ginger. Anything with ginger. It really does help with nausea. Ginger snaps and ginger ale are great.





BTW, Mythbusters (one of the greatest tv shows ever!) did a thing on motion sickness remedies, and the ONLY thing that worked (including the OTC meds) was ginger. There really is something about that root that helps our stomachs. Try various forms like the candy and anything else you can find.Does anyone have some good advice regarding pregnancy sickness? I have nausea really bad!?
Saltine crackers or any other crackers of your choice and ginger ale.


It worked for me. Good LuckDoes anyone have some good advice regarding pregnancy sickness? I have nausea really bad!?
First I shall say what my brother said to me when my wife was sick in pregnancy. It is a sign of a strong pregnancy. Second, it is only a passing phase. Admittedly it is tough at the moment, especially when you feel you should be giving yourself and the unborn child lots of nutrition and nothing stays down.





Choose what you are going to eat, because you don't actually feel like eating much. Light snacks eaten slowly will be the order of the day. About the most I remember of the time is making welsh rarebit for my wife.





Yes you need to drink fluids, but you must do it sip by sip by sip by sip.





And finally, get plenty of support from you husband or partner. After all that's what he's there for.
Well, ginger worked for me, however I really hate the taste of it. I tried the Sea-bands ($5.00 at any drug store) and they worked wonders! They work by using pressure points in your forearms.
Drink a little ginger tea,...or even peppermint. It really helps to soothe the stomach. Also you can eat peppermint candy on the go.
Saltines is usually really good, and room temperature Sprite and Ginger Ale. The Sprite takes care of it really quickly.
My husband and i are friends with a thai woman and her husband and she said that ginger candy or fresh ginger helps with nausea. The flavor is something you have to get used to, but after a while you will begin to like it. It's also good for you. Hope this helps. You can find ginger candy at asia food stores, i have yet to be able to find it at regular grocery stores, but some may carry it. Maybe specialty candy shops, but it would probably cost more.
The sickness is natural but there are ways to calm it down.


During the first trimester of my pregnancy, it wasn't just morning sickness for me, it was all day sickness, until I learned how to ';tame'; it.


What I did was every night I'd eat an apple. I had read in a book that if you ate one each night that you wouldn't vomit as bad the next morning. Also, I would feel very weak, tired, and sick... everything would come back up...even water would come back up. So, I turned to Gatorade. Low and behold, Gatorade stayed down as well as helping me get up and be more active.


I would also drink Caffeine-Free Chinese Tea (tea bags) about twice a week.


All of these little suggestions really worked for me.
It helped me to take my pre-natal vitamins at night before bed. For some reason that helped me feel better in the morning. Good luck, and just know it should be over in a few weeks. I have also heard of people using Sea Bands, but don't know if they work 1st hand.
The sickness will be there bcuz of the hormonal changes and levels but stay away from cold luquid try and drink warm things. and thatdoesnt mean that something is wring with th baby but a sign of good health letting you know that the pregnant hormones are there
I am so sorry. I too am in the throws of morning sickness. The best thing I can suggest, that sometimes helps, is drinking something in the morning before getting out of bed. I drink Carnation Instant Breakfast, because it has vitamins, and I can't keep my vitamins down. I just sip it for 30 min and then if I feel ok after that, I can eat something else...if not, I just do my best to eat whatever I can. Fruit is the only think I can stomach sometimes. Also, drink a lot of liquids and keep munching on food all day. I know it sounds awful, believe me I know, but it does seem to help with the worst of it. Good luck my friend, may we all get over this part quickly. (I am 9 weeks). P.S. Ginger doesn't work for me...some say it works to soothe your stomach, but it didn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment