Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Very bad day at work? Advice welcome.?

Okay I have been going through a really hard break up for me. One of my co-workers said something that just hit a nerve and I ended up crying at work. I felt so stupid, when I told my mom she said I should have not have done that. Well, like I wanted too. I think I need to just forgive my ex and let it go but he was really bad to me he cheated on me with stripers and hit me. Now he is doing great and I am struggling to make bills it really bugs me. I know he is still out there sleeping around and it for some odd reason get over it. Why? Any advice on how to forgive someone who has hurt you? I think forgiveness will make things better. What do you think?Very bad day at work? Advice welcome.?
Forgive is one thing, go back to him is a no no! He cheated on you he'll do it again, not just to you but whoever he dates. Appreciate yourself sweetie, you are worth it and need to find someone who will truly love you and appreciate you for who you are. Better times will come, don't get back with him to make your life easier. Evil always does better nowadays, good people struggle. Find a hobby or something to occupy your mind or a friend, even online and by all means if I can help just send me an e-mail, OK.Very bad day at work? Advice welcome.?
Time heals all. If a coworker makes another stupid comment, go to the ladies room and have a cry. I know you feel miserable right now, but you're already better off than you were when you were with him. Things WILL get better.
Although the major religions preach forgiveness, I am of the school of thought that you are under no obligation to forgive anyone. That is especially true if the offending party has made no effort to apologize or atone for their behavior. And from the sound of things, your boyfriend has done neither.





You also didn't say anything about confronting him over his previous abuse. You should never forgive anyone without first venting your anger at them. (Therapists refer to this as ';false forgiveness'; and it can actually do more harm than good.)





That said, track your ex down and give him hell over the sh*tty way he treated you. If this would put you into danger, have a good friend role-play with you. Or you can write down all your feelings in a letter. Even if you opt not to send it, it can still help you clear your head.





As far as what happened at work: Everyone has rough days at work and it is not at all uncommon for people to get a little teary-eyed. (It's happened to me more times than I care to count.) You're human. Don't beat yourself up.





If you are really concerned about what your co-workers think of you for doing it, send out an email in which you apologize for your ';unprofessional behavior'; and let it go.
What I see you doing is looking to learn how to forgive your ex because you are unhappy at the present time. Keep in mind that time has a great way of bringing balance to the kind hearted. The fact that you are unsure how to forgive him is an indicator that deep inside you do not want to. He may not be doing as great as you think he is. But you shouldn't wish hardship on anyone either. Nature will take care of it. You need to concentrate on taking care of yourself. I am sure there is a wonderful man out there who will love you to pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment